Thursday 18 October 2012

2nd term for President Zuma...saaaafaaaaa!

As more and more sectors of the ANC endorse President Jacob Zuma's second term, I am feeling helpless...scared even. President Jacob Zuma may be an important part of the ANC, he earned his stripes in the struggle and boy is he raking it in. I understand he may even deserve special treatment to a point as head of the nation, but...he is too chilled. At first, I was impressed with how calm and chilled he was and not entertaining those against him. I thought it was because he had a plan and it would be revealed soon. However his chilled nature didn't just end with ignoring oppositioning people, he's chilled when gangs have taken over Cape Flats, when Marikana miners are on a scary-from-the-start strike, when some state departments decide to upgrade his homestead for an exorbitant amount.
As for COSATU...angeke! I am still waiting to hear if Mr Zwelinzima Vavi also supports this motion of electing Mr Zuma in again. Many people feel betrayed by Mr Vavi, but I insist, he isn't COSATU and can't be the main decision maker alone. The statement wasn't even put out by Mr Vavi. Mara lets wait and hear.

I personally don't see President Zuma's commitment to bettering our country as opposed to reaping the rewards that fill the Ministerial (or is it Presidential) handbook.
Look, I don't think the President has a hand at every corruption deal happening at your municipality, on the contrary, I believe he wants to clamp down on it. Weed it out. However, it is happening...the culprits bag the money and it doesn't get to where it was meant to. With that happening, the cut the Presidential homestead was to get, as per whatever documents that will be brought up and used to explain why its a legit and lawful upgrade, for the country's sake-the President should perhaps consider channelling that money to the places that need upgrades and services most. Like that Durban mayor-business man that doesn't take his salary. He puts ALL of it back into his municipality. That is leading by example.

The President asked that companies do a pay freeze for the next year. Please Baba ka Dudu, you first. Lead by example.
Does Mr President truly know the harsh realities that face even professionally employed South Africans? The struggle to keep food on the table, petrol, creches, rent...while his homestead gets a tax-funded upgrade and he obviously get a bigger salary than most. I could do with a tax break if there's too much money in reserves.
I wonder if this proposed Freeze Increase will affect my March bonus that I use each year to sort of give myself a clean slate. I can't even afford to not get an increase.
I'm afraid if he gets selected again, and the party is voted into The Presidency...this will just continue...him,on a pedestal with his pipo and me, down here...wondering why man who now has everything and was supposed to be for the people, wants underground living quarters while he has more security than the average South African. If you are scared...what about me???



No comments:

Post a Comment