Friday 1 March 2013

Our thugs in blue.

I have just read the story of the 8 policemen who killed a taxi driver yesterday. I watched the video yesterday and was sick in my stomach. The complete disregard for the law which these men in blue are supposed to uphold is appalling. These guys seem to believe they are above the law and can do thuggery in broad daylight, JURING the people nogal. As if to make an example out of whoever is unfortunate enough to be their target.

It is said all 8 officers have been suspended and disarmed following the incident. This now makes me wonder if SAPS exist under a different rule book to that which I live. I truly am confused as to why these blood thirsty barbarians are not behind bars. I understand our country has an advanced legal system that follows due processes and one is considered innocent until proven guilty. That is all fair and good. However, had I been recorded hitting someone with a baseball bat, then say the person dies shortly after that…would the police give me a few days off while they carried on an investigation or would I be in a police cell by that time? I would expect to be in police custody by then because…(read slowly) The Video, shows ME clubbing the victim with a bat.

Apparently this investigation will be done quickly. Hmm…I can’t help remembering all the other investigations against policemen that stay on the shelf so long until they are to testify in a high profile case. Is this paid suspension? AM I contributing to the paid holiday of these men that so mercilessly committed such a heinous crime? The news also mentioned possible arrests of the cops. Wow. Would I be held under the same laws were I to have committed this? It just doesn’t make sense.

http://www.news24.com/Multimedia/South-Africa/Police-brutality-caught-on-video-20130228

No comments:

Post a Comment