Wednesday 30 October 2013

To Renda, on your 7th birthday.

And then I had sex without a condom and had a baby.

There's a guy who loves wriggling this fact into 90% of the conversations we have. We are living in an age where having sex without protection is not just irresponsible, its stupid. People that have unplanned pregnancies have only their stupidity to blame. Of course it happens and we carry it with grace and love it cos its there anyway. However, it is never ideal with all we have planned in our lives.

It is this irresponsible situation that led to me giving birth to my oracle. The very centre of me. Without whom I'd have completely spun out of control. I still can(I guess)...but, without ever feeling forced or too responsible, I stay on course for him...with him...because of him. Because he grounds me. 

Renda. For 7 years you have given me purpose my dear son. For 7 years, regardless of whats going on, remembering you makes life worth living. You make me wanna be better, get up, go on. You drive me.
I am because you are. Thank you for coming and staying. I love you very much.

Here's a few sentences I like to read often. Read them, meditate on them...if you like them...follow them.


  • All things in life are temporary. If going well, they will not last forever.If going wrong, don’t worry, they can’t last long either.
  • Friendship is like a BOOK. It takes a few seconds to burn, but it takes years to write. 
  • Old friends are Gold! New friends are Diamond!If you get a diamond, don’t forget the gold! Because to hold 
    a diamond, you always need a base of gold.
  • A blind person asked St. Anthony, “Can there be anything worse than losing eye sight?” He replied: “Yes, losing your vision!”
  • WORRYING does not take away tomorrow’s TROUBLES, it takes away today’s PEACE.
  • So why a car’s windshield is so large and the rear view mirror is so small? Because our PAST is not as important as our FUTURE. So look ahead and move on.
I've also found it is best to trust soap. Going through life being disgusted by everything makes you a dirty person in someway as time goes. Clean up and wash up.

W

No comments:

Post a Comment